applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.
9557001

If the CCU on my washing machine is bad, then I should not

Customer Question

If the CCU on my washing machine is bad, then I should not be able to get 16 ohm reading when I test for for the drain pump at the CCU connection, correct?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is from 2012, it is a Maytag Duet which is now made by Kenmore and WP?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am doing it as we speak.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The washer is apart. we empty the drain filter, it had a dime an a pen refill in it but did not look too blocked and the debris looked old. We doubt that is the probelm. We don't want to put the whole thing back together until we eliminate all the problems that need to be eliminated with the thing apart We tested the drain pump at the CCU and it have us 16 ohms. The oringal error codes were E01 and E06 flashing Is there a way we can test if the CCU is bad? Would it not respond with the 16 ohms at the drain pump connection if the entiere CCU were bad.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 8 months ago.
Hi. Testing the pump for ohms tells us nothing about the control board.
Was the items you removed hitting the pump impeller? Spin impeller with your finger. Is it tight or does it feel like it can be broken from shaft. Easy to turn.
No real test for the control board.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Process of elimination?
Run pump
Going to need to put back together and run service test.
Can you give me
Model # from behind door?