Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a dryer that i recently replaced the drum belt and…

I have a dryer that...
I have a dryer that i recently replaced the drum belt and since I have it squeaks a lot apart from the noise it works perfectly , should i be concerned, what could be causing it?
3/24/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The squeak is likely an indication that something else is worn. I would not ignore it.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The model tag is around the opening where the clothes are loaded.

it is a GE profile dryer model # DPSR610GG0WT

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

it almost sounds like it needs some sort of lubricant

The most likely to be worn is the rear bearing. If the belt needed to be replaced, the bearing was likely worn, too. The bearing is attached to the back of the drum and there is a small sleeve it rides on at the back of the cabinet. The kit comes with complete installation instructions. I would strongly encourage it be replaces, ASAP.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

thank you very much , will order it right now , should I not run dryer till i replace bearing?

If you can wait, I probably would. The risk is that it wears down into the cabinet area and may damage beyond repair.,

Kelly, Appliance Technician
thank you , I have a load drying now as soon as it is done will not run anymore till fixed.Thank you!

You are very welcome, thank you!