Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

New (< 6 months) Maytag front loader - stays at 9 minutes…

Customer Question
New (< 6 months)...

New (< 6 months) Maytag front loader - stays at 9 minutes and just keeps tossing the clothes in the drum. Also noticed the other day that the drum wobbles a little (not completely straight I the housing).when not spinning.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We bought it about 6 months ago from Lowes as part of a home addition but have used it only 3-4 months. Don't have model handy - it is front loading commercial technology. Does that help?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what it is. Likely not.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was on rapid wash and stuck twice - so now I am trying it on normal cycle. Figured if it happens again I'll unplug it for a while to see whether that helps. .

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Appliance
3/24/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 28 days ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the washer door the model /seriasl tag is on the inner face frame.

and if the unit is only 6 months old have you contacted the manufacture for a in warranty service call on the unit yet?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Mhw5500fw1 and no I have not called for service as I am trying to first determine if this is Something simple that I can take care of before doing that.
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 26 days ago

Ok Sorry I do not work on Sundays~

If the inner basket is wobbling does it make any loud rumbling noise during a high speed spin mode?

And as for the stays at 9 minutes , have you tried removing the clothes from it and seen if it will do the same thing or not?

I ask due to this machine is smart enough to know when in a spin mode if it will be out of balance or not ,and it sounds as if it is trying to balance the load by tumbling if back and forth.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
It is not ever try to enter the spin mode. As I said at the beginning, it stops before that and just turns the clothes intermittently. I unplugged the machine and waited 10 or 15 minutes then plugged it in again to reset the board. This solve the problem. It has gone through its cycle several times since then. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Kindly arrange for a refund of my deposit. Thank you.

ok so when you unplugged the unit for over 5 minute you rebooted the electronic control board , if you had to reboot it that basically means it is starting to go bad , if it happens again try the unplugging (reboot ) if it does not then reset you will need to replace the main electronic control board .

As An Expert I have NO WAY of refunding your money as an Expert I never see your personal or billing information that is all done via the website that WE are using .

I will send them a message on my end for you , but you will ALSO need to contact the website administration office .

John, Home Appliance Technician