Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My RF268ABBP Samsung refrigerator does not fully shut off…

My RF268ABBP Samsung refrigerator...

My RF268ABBP Samsung refrigerator does not fully shut off water from the water dispenser; ice cubes and crushed ice dispense normally. Also, the indicator for the "water" setting is not illuminated as it normally would be. The cubed and crushed ice indicators are illuminated normally.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

My RF268ABBP Samsung refrigerator is almost 7 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible, sure. Depends on what it needs and how complicated it would be to fix it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think that's it. I have the water shut off to the unit for the time being; but, of course, that means no ice being made.

3/24/2018
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The water inlet valve on the refrigerator will have to be replaced, the replacement valve is listed below:

Refrigerator Water Inlet Valve

Part #: DA97-07695A - click here for part info at sears

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Joel Swenson