Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have the 4 door fridge and somehow we got locked out.

Hi, I have the...

Hi, I have the 4 door fridge and somehow we got locked out.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Rf28k9380sg

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Is it easy?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Control lock is on, filter reset is also red but we just changed the filter.

3/24/2018
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Press and hold the lighting button for 3 seconds and the control lock will turn off and allow usage of the control panel again, once you have that you can reset the filter light.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Ty! How do I get the filter reset light to turn off?

press and hold the crushed ice button for 3 seconds, please remember to rate my assistance before you leave, thank you very much.

Joel Swenson

Thank you for the rating and for using JA!

I thought my husband tried all that, so I’m embarrassed, but appreciate the help!

No problem, have a good day!