Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My gas range was recently converted from LP to natural gas.

Customer Question
My gas range was...

My gas range was recently converted from LP to natural gas. It worked fine previously and now inside the over the flame on the burner doesn’t light all the way across the burner for several minutes or at all

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since the conversion a couple of days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possibly

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The gas smell is very noticeable as well

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/24/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

WFG515S0EW0 Whirlpool

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Also it eventually lights fully after a few minutes but is not heating up to temp at a reasonable amount of time. Taking longer than usual

Ok and when the conversion was down was the oven bonnet setting changed also ?

I’m not sure because it was done by a plumbing and heating company as part of a full house conversion to natural gas

Ok you may want to find out .

Because it does sound as if it was not and the burner is starving for gas .

Or do you want to try and adjust it yourself?

I’d like to do it myself if possible

ok do you know if the left any orifices for you or did they do any work inside the oven cavity at all ?

I’m not sure I’ll have to call the technician. I may need to go on stand by and get back to you once I hear back. If the guy didn’t change the orifice in the cabinet that would explain the problem
Would that potentially cause un-burned gas to be noticed? It’s having a hard time starting and a gas smell is noticeable too

yes if they did not change the orifice that will make if have less gas flow to the burner so it will not fully light and you would have a gas smell due to unburned gas .

and when they converted back to Natural gas they should have removed the #57 orifice and installed a #49 orifice.

I’m still waiting to hear from the technician who did the work. Hopefully they’ll come fix it right away otherwise I’ll have to do the conversion all over again to ensure it’s all done correctly. I have a feeling he missed a step based on the owners manual’s step by step conversion instructions.

Ok no problem if you or he has any questions just reply back to me .

And sorry I do not work on Sundays!