Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I replace the main control panel in my GE side by side

I replace the main...

I replace the main control panel in my GE side by side refrigerator. However, the temp adjustment panel does not operate no disply

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

14 yrs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don’t think so

When!
3/24/2018
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Unfortunately you replaced the wrong board, the main board does power the user interface board/dispenser control board, so sometimes when the board is dead it is the main control board causing that issue but in your case the user interface board has actually failed so you will need to replace that board. You did not give me the model number of your refrigerator so I can't give you the replacement part number for the board you need, if you send me the model number I will give you that info as well, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I temp panel worked before the installation. I replaced the board because a certified repair man told me to replace that part. I had a cooling problem before mostly in the freezer. Model # is GSH25KGRE

please give me the part number you replaced just so I can verify you replaced it with the correct board, thanks.

Joel Swenson
Phone call session started