Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Got a Maytag oven door taken out with no problem and when I…

Got a Maytag oven...

Got a Maytag oven door taken out with no problem and when I took glass shell off to clean, one of the hinges snapped back at 90-degree position. Now I have one in the door removal position and one at 90 degrees

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2013 let me get model number

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It's a double oven in the wall. Yes I will be doing the work, finished with what I was doing just trying to reinstall the door now

3/24/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The hinge will need to be brought back to the open position. Use a large pliers or Channel Lock to grab the hinge and open it. Be sure to lock it open once you have it in place!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

MEW7630AS01
It doesn't want to budge with channel locks.
Is there something else which needs to be released?

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

See the picture below. The lock swivels up to keep the hinges open. Is that lock in the way of the hinge now?

CLICK HERE

That picture shows one of the hinges in the position it was when I took the door off the oven. Assume that is the correct way it should be be to reinsert? The other one is the hinge which popped back to 90-degrees straight up & down

Yes, they need to be open just as that picture shows and then the swivel locks them in place.

So the one hinge won't open, even with a pliers now?

the one that popped back to 90 degrees is correct and I need to push the other one back to 90 degrees right?

No, they need to be locked just like that picture shows.

I'm trying to request a call but it says I need to update my payment method. I put it in initially but it's not allowing the call portion to go through. Have tried it numerous times. Hope I'm not getting charged for each time??

The system must be having trouble. I don't have any account access so I cannot see what is happening, unfortunately.

Can you not pull that one hinge open with pliers to get it locked?

This is where my confusion is coming in. One has popped back to 90-degrees and the other one is like the picture shows (which is how it was when I removed the door). Do you want me pull back open the hinge that snapped back to 90 degrees, or use the plyers and move the 45-degree position to 90 degrees to match?
I can take a picture or two to help illustrate

Use the pliers to make it open to the 45* position, just like that picture shows, They both have to be locked in the open position to set the door back to the oven.

I can't get the 90-degree hinge to budge to push it back to 45 degrees. Is there a simultaneous release of some sort?
I'm getting it to move back but it's not locking in yet

No, it is just brut force and then move the swivel lock into place. The spring is very strong.....

Think I got it. Will try & put back in oven. Any other tricks i should know about?

No, just the hinge locks, that is critical anytime you work on the door!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Will do, thanks for the help. What is the actual charge for the service (without the call)?

You are very welcome, thank you! I am not sure what value you set when you posted the question, we don't have access to anything account related. All we get to see is the question thread.

How sad that you are okay stealing my time and expertise, especially on a Saturday morning when I saved you a $100+ service call.