John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a front loading washer that won't start when I push

Customer Question

I have a front loading washer that won't start when I push the button.vthe red lock light keeps blinking but nothing happens
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a whirlpool Duet steam and it is less than 10 years old. I don't know exactly how old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is a simple fix, yes. If not I will need to call a repair person.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What can I try to do to fix and what do you the no is wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The model tag is around the opening where the clothes are loaded.