Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a model WTW82404W0 washing machine. The lid will not…

Customer Question
We have a model...

We have a model WTW82404W0 washing machine. The lid will not stay in the up position any more. Do you have any suggestions to remedy this ?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool model WTW82404W0...approximately purchased in 2011

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No...that is my only issue

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/24/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Thanks Woody

ok under the washer top on each side of the lid are two spring assemblies .

I would have to suspect that either one or both springs have broken or have come off and are no longer able to hold the lid in the open position .

Can you open the top with the lid closed to gain access under the top washer panel do you think?

To raise the top of the washer you have two clip on the very front gap between the top panel and the front panel , and can use a putty knife to push in on the two clips to get the top of the washer to open like a car hood

Cannot get it open with putty knife. Probably just will call a repair man to come out.Thank you

ok would you like the parts info so that can at least bring the parts out with them?

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.