Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Freezer stopped being cold. Temp shows set at -5 F. How do I…

freezer stopped being cold...

freezer stopped being cold. Temp shows set at -5 F. How do I get to be cold?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

I bought it last year. hold and i will get model RF263BEAESR/A

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is easy enough for a moron to do and doesn't involve moving the fridge

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The main part of the fridge seems ok. ICE maker and water hookup have been turned off for about 9 months

3/24/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hold on I have to come upstairs

that is fine I will be here waiting.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
actually it's working now. thank you very much for the help

d​id you unplug it at all or did it just reset itself?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it reset itself

ok ​well it sounds like the control board may have just been stuck. If the problem is to come back please feel free to reach back out to me on this thread. I will be able to further assist you.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman