Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Samsung dishwasher DMS500TR has been assessed by a repair…

My Samsung dishwasher DMS500TR...

My Samsung dishwasher DMS500TR has been assessed by a repair guy who said the inlet value assembly has failed. Is this an easy DIY thing to fix or should you get a professional for this?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I bought it about 4 years ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My partner would who a pretty handy man

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not sure?

3/24/2018
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

May I ask that you provide me the correct model and serial number off the label on your machine? On refrigerators look on the wall in the food section. On ranges look down by the drawer by the leg.

The number you supplied is not correct.

Thanks

Don

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Don. I can't find a label anywhere on the machine. But I did a google search and it this one in the following link - no longer available.http://www.samsung.com/nz/consumer/home-appliances/dishwashers/dishwashers/DMS500TRW/XSA/
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Don
I don't think I'll call you at this time. I don't have the machine set up in front of me to work on. So perhaps I will leave my query there and I'll look to sort through this situation another way. Thank you. Megan

Ok let me know

The model number should be on the side of the door.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Back again. Seeing as I have paid $41 for this advice, are you able to send me some instructions with images to fix the issue? Otherwise I don't feel I am going to get anything for my payment. Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok got it. Model is DMS500TRW/XSA. Think the serial number is ***** Does that help? Is this easy to fix and worth it or just I send it to the recyclers?

I am sorry your machine is a New Zealand model and I don"t have tech info on it.

I will re list your request and see if another tech will have to info you need.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

If you are still needing help with this I will be more then happy to assist you with this matter. The water inlet valve being replaced is a really simple and easy task that can be handled by any DIY person. Do you have the part yet or do you still need to order it?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Hi Travis and thanks for continuing to help. I still need to order it. Do I need to contact Samsung to do that or is it a standard fitting I can order from a plumber?

y​ou can certainly order it from a local hardware parts store or even online in your area. It doesn't need to come directly from Samsung but of course always suggested so you know your getting the original manufacturer part.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Ok, I'll order it and come back to you. As it's a DIY option, I'm assuming I don't need any special tools?

no​ you don't need any special tools let me see if I can grab a helpful video for you. Its just basic unhook the old valve and hook in the new one.

he​re is a basic video that shows you how simple this job will be. This is not your unit but this is how its done. Just unhook the old one hook in the new one.

https://youtu.be/2fyRN7BGJUI​

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thanks Travis - that does look pretty simple. I'll give it a go and if I have any further issues I'll come back to you. In the meantime, you have definitely earnt your 5 star rating and I'll submit that in a moment. Cheers Megan
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman