Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag centennial washer would not stop operating.When we…

Maytag centennial washer would...

Maytag centennial washer would not stop operating.When we noticed this I liftet the lid and it should of stop filling but it did not. I unplugged it to stop. I was afraid of this overfilling

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Approx 2 years MVWC415EW1

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so, any advice is much appreciated

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.

I unplugged it and it is still that way. I'll try a restart tomorrow a.m. Anything else I can try then too?
I just plugged it back in and it went back into drain mode. When this was overfilling I switched it to drain and it did but is stuck there also. Sorry I forgot to mention that

ok so its in drain mode but did it drain the water?

now there is nothing left to drain but still keeps trying to drain an empty drum

sounds like the problem is more then likely with your lid switch assembly having gone bad. it doesn't know you have opened the door in order to tell the unit to stop filling or to stop draining. Do you have a multimeter to test this with?

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/W10682535/0026/110.html?modelNumber=MVWC415EW1&categoryName=Residential Washers&brandName=MAYTAG​

so​ you can test this part with a multimeter to confirm it you will be checking for continuity.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
Thank you