Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Jenn Air Oven Model JES88540BAB the pad does not function…

My Jenn Air Oven...

My Jenn Air Oven Model JES88540BAB the pad does not function any more and the oven does not switch on. When powering up the error code EE206 and I 206 comes up. Can you help me?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model JES8850BAB about 12 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What does the error message mean?

3/24/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The EE206 I 206 are just software boot up programs, not an error code. The fact that some or all of the functions on the touchpad don't work means that your touch control panel is failing. This is by far the most common issue I run into on this oven. The issue with these slide-in ovens is that the control panel is directly above the oven door so the heat from the oven escapes and goes up into the control panel and causes it to fail eventually. Either way, the entire touch control panel will need to be replaced to resolve the issue and it's about $240 if you wanted to replace it so below is a link to the part you'd need.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

many thanks
No I know how to do that

No problem. If you need anything else just let me know, otherwise please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc