Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Steamiest steam shower will not reach temperature over

Steamiest steam shower will...

Steamiest steam shower will not reach temperature over 100degrees and it takes forever. Brand new SM-9.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

New SM-9 was installed a month ago. I think it worked the way I remember (big gusts of steam) for about a week. Now it’s gentle steam that slowly raises the temperature,

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. Just need to know what part of the system has failed. Nearest authorized repair is 57 mikes away and it’s $175 to have them visit. Helps to know what’s going on.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don’t think so.

3/24/2018
kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Repair Technician
Hi my name is ***** ***** your having an issue with your steam shower. I wanted to let you know that these should have a 5 year warranty on them.As far as what's wrong, There are 3 possibilities, water solenoid, electronic control, or heater element or a combination. I hope this helps.
kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Repair Technician