Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washer stops after wash cycle on regular and perm press

Washer stops after wash...

Washer stops after wash cycle on regular and perm press settings .Runs full cycles on delicate

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Dryer serial #LDE9316ACE Making horrible noise how do you open to see rollers and pulleys?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My daughter kept overloading dryer

3/24/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

There are screws in the bottom left and right corners of the washer that you need to unscrew and then the front panel hinges forward and up to remove the panel---we're really only allowed to talk about 1 appliance so that's all I can say about the dryer.

As for the washer, the only thing that can cause your problem is the plastic cog inside the dryer is beginning to wear down. Eventually it'll affect other cycles as well, but for now it's only affecting regular and permanent press. The timer behind the large knob on your control panel for the washer would need to be replaced to resolve this issue. The part is typically about $100 or so and you can order the part at Searspartsdirect.com if you enter your full model number for the washer. It's located on a sticker either under the lid or behind the control panel on a sticker.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc