Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool free standing stove model GFG461LVS1 and…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool free standing stove model GFG461LVS1 and on bake the burner will fire up then shut off and keep trying to fire but will turn offagain then lock out on safety . I figure its the thermocouple .i just was wanting someone elses opinion also

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Exact model gfg461lvs1 its about 7 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Also when it does work it will work a few minutes then shut off
3/24/2018
Appliance Technician: Ray, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and will be happy to help you. When you safe lock out on safety what does it do ?

I have to wait a bit and then it will start again. The burner will fire then after 5 second or so it will shut off again . Then it will do the same thing again
It's the bottom burner only the broiler works just fine so I figure its the thermocouple

do you smell any gas when it is doing this?

No I don't smell any gas

The control board is faulty and needs to be replaced.. Got this off of sears parts direct

Are you sure it wouldn't be the thermocouple

there is no thermocouple on it. It;s possible the valve control could be doing that but its very rare. You can see if a wire terminal is loose on the control valve

thermo couple is only on gas pilot ovens

Ok thanks

no error codes flashing on display?

No
All displays are good
Are you 100%sure that's the problem before I buy it

that;s the only thing it could be.. If it was the oven ignitor you would smell gas at times

Ok it fires up just fine . It just won't stay lit
It keeps shutting of like if the thermocouple was bad
I wasn't sure if it had one or not because I haven't torn into it yet. But the control board is easier so I'm good

its a possiblity it could be the ignitor but i really doubt. the relay on the board seems to be getting overheated and shut the burner off. the board is the thermostat/coupling

I hope I was a help to you, I would deeply appreciate it if you would rate me. I'll be here for you if you need anything.. thanks

I will do thank you

thanks