Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Bosch Dishwasher Model # SHX46A07UC/26. The unit is…

Customer Question
I have a Bosch...

I have a Bosch Dishwasher Model # SHX46A07UC/26. The unit is not cycling properly. It will run through the initial rinse, but then it will drop the soap but no water will come in. I have already replaced the control unit which has not solved the problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I just gave you the model #

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/23/2018
Appliance Technician: Gavin, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
Hi, thanks for using JA. I’m Gavin and I’ll be happy to help you with your dishwasher fault
Can you tell me exactly what happens with the machine in order.
It should fill, them the pump should kick in and start to wash, then it should fill some more followed by the tablet dropping and heating
There seems to be an initial rinse cycle followed by a purge. Then, the soap is dropped, but there is no water inserted into the system to do the wash.
the 24 is in addition to the 31??
Sorry the call request is auto generated I can’t see what it says but I’ll be happy to help you via chat
Okay

On the initial rinse can you hear the water circulating/washing?

Continue on line please
there is water circulating

Please ignore any requests for the calls I have no control over them

Ok sounds like you have a blockage in the pressure system. I'll type up what to do now

Okay, I'm currently running the unit to see if it is still acting up. It's no in the initial rinse cycle
Pressure system? Why would I get initial rinse water. but not was water?

They get clogged and causes the pressure switch to stick

Are you going to email the step by step unclogging procedure?

Yeh just typing it

okay

Don't worry I'm still here won't be much longer

Remove the lid then remove the LHS panel. Behind the panel you will see the water filling chamber (put a towel on the floor and a tray to catch water if you have one) the chamber clips in at its top left unclip it and pull it up and out. There is a smaller unit with 2 switches on and an arm that moves in and out controlled by the water flow you need to remove, dismantle and clean this unit there is also a pipe attached to it that runs to the base remove that and clean it too they can get really clogged up. When thats all done it should be fine

I'll give that a try. Needless to say I now have to pull the unit out from under the counter, etc. Thanks

Unfortunately so. If possible do a run test so that you can see the arm of the pressure switch moving in and out so you get an idea of before and after. Also sometimes cleaning it isn't enough and it needs replacing. I'll post you a link to the part

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/263185/0022/630.html?modelNumber=SHX46A07UC/14&categoryName=Dishwasher&brandName=BOSCH

Please remember to click the stars and rate my help. If you need any further assistance please reply and I'll be happy to help

They have charged me an additional $24 for a phone call that I never received. Please make sure that they credit my account accordingly.

Sorry I don't understand why that has happened. I will pass the details to customer services right away