Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE front load washer that wont fill. is there a way…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a GE front load washer that wont fill. is there a way to reset the machine. model # WSSH300G1WW

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

THANKS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Gonna try if i can. about 10 years

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/23/2018
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 4 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The only way to reset the machine is to unplug the washer for a few minutes then plug it back in, if after doing that the unit still will not fill you will need to replace the water inlet valve on the washer:

Washer Water Inlet Valve

Part #: WH13X10030 - click here for part info at sears

That is the most common issue when its not filling is a failed water inlet valve but it could also be the water pressure sensor or the main control, in order to know for certain you will need an ohm/volt meter, know how to use it and be comfortable working with live circuits. If not you can call a service company out to diagnose it for you or you can just try replacing the water inlet valve and see if that fixes it, if not the pressure switch is the next likely problem.

Here is a video that shows how to replace the water inlet valve, the washer in the video is a Frigidaire which might make you think I sent you the wrong info but its not even though your washer carries the GE name brand that model is actually Frigidaire built so it's the correct information.

click here for video

If you would like full technical troubleshooting information let me know, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 3 months ago

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.