Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Replaced heating element and thermostat water is still not…

Replaced heating element and...

Replaced heating element and thermostat water is still not getting hot is it the control board?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

About a month Rick

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have replaced the element and thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Why water is not getting hot, do I have to reset or is it the control panel?

3/23/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

JDB3200AWS3

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Ok this dishwasher only had three components to the heater circuit . if you have replaced the heating element and the high temper thermostat and the unit still is not heating then Yes it is an electronic control board issue.

There is no reset for the heater circuit .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

Thank you if you have any questions just reply back to me .

JDB3200AWS3 OK thank you I will order control board, your sure this is the problem?

That is the only component you have left unless you have a broken wire from the control board to the thermostat adn from the thermostat to the heater .

JDB3200AWS3 OK thank you I will order control board, your sure this is the problem?OK thank you

No problem!

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

JDB3200AWS3 OK thank you I will order control board, your sure this is the problem?OK thank you, ***** ***** taken out read 12.1 on the meter on the old element and the thermostat was .3 were these readings ok for continuity?

yes the thermostat is just a closed contact it does not need a specific value .

JDB3200AWS3 OK thank you I will order control board, your sure this is the problem?OK thank you, ***** ***** taken out read 12.1 on the meter on the old element and the thermostat was .3 were these readings ok for continuity? OK thanks have a good weekend

and the good heating element should read between 10 -30 ohms , so 12.1 is fine

Master Tech
received the control board replacement today and made the repair. Ran the DW and same problen the element is not coming on still cold water. I have read you have to reprogram the panel after changing the element by pushing buttons 123,123,123 or similar. Another method is turn off power for 10 minuites then retry. I need help!!
Rick
Not sure if you received the message I sent last night, just checking in this morning to see if you can help.

the 1,2,3 1,2,3, 1,2,3 is not for reprogramming that only runs diagnostics .

so lets run the unit and test the voltage coming off the control board going to the heating element during a heating mode .

Your looking for 120 volts A/C

I have the unit back together so I will be some time taking it apart again, where do you want me to test voltage at?
Also I don't know when the element should be on, I'm not familiar with the wash cycles. Is there somplace I can test voltage without taking the DW out completely?

on the P9 blue /red connection to the P3 white /red wires during a water heating mode or a drying mode.

And then you can also test the wire harness for resistance from the control board to the heating element also

All your looking for on both test is resistance no specific value.

I assume the P9 and P3 connections on the control board and how do I test it with the front panel off? Dosen't it have to be locked to run? My problem is i'm not sure when or what cycle the element should be on.

yes the control panel has to be loose/ open .but the door does not need to be opened and you will need to put your meter leads on the P3 and the P9 connections and run the dishwasher and watch it as it is running to see if your meter shows voltage as the unit is running and heating thru the cycle .

OK I'll get back to you in a bit

No problem I`m here until 5 p.m. EST today

I have the control panel out but I don't see how to run the washer without the locking Mech. on to keep the door closed and the water from coming out.

do you just have the control panel / console loose and not the inner door panel?

no the control panel faces the inner door panel and has the door lock on it. There is nothing holding the inner door panel tight to the DW body.

ok then lets just ohm out the wires from the P3 to the P9 and see if you have resistance or not .

Just connect one lead to P3 and one lead to P9 with power off to DW to see resistance?12.6 across P3/P9

ok so that tells me that the heater is good and the thermostat is closed and that the wiring is good .

Are you in fact using a high temp wash options and a heated dry option ?

And can you give me the part number of the control board right off the control board itself ?

I want to be 100% sure they sent you the correct part.

Normal or heavy wash with sanatize or steam clean I think she uses. P/N W10285178 revB 7331

ok those cycle and options should be heating the water .

And that is the correct control board part number.

and after installing the new control board you have run one of those cycles and get NO heat at all is that correct?

between cycles I open the door to see if its hot water and luke warm, touch the element is cold.
Also taking hours to wash (3+)
Don't forget it is a Jenn air JDB3200AWS3, not whirlpool if it matters

Whirlpool owns Jenn air ,

That is why the part is show as a whirlpool part.

got it, just didn't know if diagnosis or reset were the same process.

ok so if you have the resistance on the wires at the control board from P9 to P3 the heater circuit is good under the dishwasher , so it has to be an issue with the control board since your selecting a cycle or cycles that do in fact call for the unit to heat the water .

So it has to be the control board issue

is it possable the new Control Board from factory is bad?
I will reorder, and try it again if you think it's the CB.

yes just because it is new does not mean it is good .

I see that with every appliance and very manufacturer .

Ok I'll reorder and try again, Thanks have a good day. Can I contact you again if I still have trouble?

no problem!