Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washing machine stop working code CL. Lg Just a few

My washing machine stop...

My washing machine stop working code CL

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Lg Just a few years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hoping it’s nothing serious

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Usually if I un plug and rep lug it’s fine but that didn’t work It has a smart diagnosis button

3/23/2018
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

CL is not an error code. It is indicating that the CL or CHILD LOCK feature has been turned ON and is active. TO TURN OFF CL CODE ON NEWER LG FRONT LOAD WASHERS: press and hold the CHILD LOCK button for 3 to 5 seconds.

If that does not work or you can't find a child lock button give me the full model number of the washer and I can give you model specific instructions, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Thank you so much
It worked
Definitely you get 5 stars

You are welcome, thank you for using JA! Please remember to click on the star rating system to rate me 5 stars, have a great day!

Joel Swenson