Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE dishwasher no longer cleans properly. Irs about 18…

Customer Question
My GE dishwasher no...

My GE dishwasher no longer cleans properly

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Irs about 18 years old. Here is the model number. GSD2100V35ww

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I thin the filter needs to be cleaned, but ...hers a stupid question....where is the filter?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What does the filter look like and how do I remove it?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/24/2018
Appliance Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 3 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
No I've not heard from anyone about my question..........
Appliance Technician: Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician

F​irst check the spray arms - there are small holes in the arms that can clog and this prevents them from turning. You can check this by starting the dishwasher and after it fills and starts running keep opening and closing the door and observe if the spray arms have changed position. Main arm at bottom , one on ceiling and you may have one more in the middle. The best way is to blow the holes out with an air compressor or try using a tweezers and get the gunk out . There is also a screen down inside the pump area that you can access from the inside of the tub. It's under the grille on the floor of the dishwasher. Remove the grille and then reach you fingers inside and forward ( towards you to feel the screen ) and scrape the screen with you fingers to see if it is clogged or partialy clogged. When all done pour a quart of white vinegar in the dishwasher , let sit for a couple of hours and then run dishwasher. Repeat if needed.