Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washer will not start. Roper model RTW4640YQ0. If I have an…

Customer Question
Washer will not start ...

Washer will not start

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Roper model RTW4640YQ0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I have an idea what is wrong with it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When you push button to start light comes on a little water enters thens lid locks a little more water then both lights start to flash then nothing happens

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/24/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 3 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

still need help

ok ​have you tried unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?

now is the door locking and staying locked?

do you have a multimeter we can test the water inlet valve with?

No I don't

ho​nestly from what your describing it sounds like your control board is at fault and needs to be replaced. Without testing other parts though its hard to confirm this seeing as the control board can not be tested.

Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 2 months ago

I ​noticed that your question remains open and so I wanted to reach out to you to see if you were needing anything further?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.