Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My front loading washer has a grinding noise when

My front loading washer...

My front loading washer has a grinding noise when discharging

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool duet/sport mod.wfw83005wo1 10 plus years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if easy enough

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really

3/23/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you're getting a grinding noise when the washer is draining, you'll want to remove the drain catch and see if there is any debris inside you need to remove. There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error. To access the drain catch, tip the machine backwards and lean it against the wall at a 45 degree angle or so. Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The lower front panel will then pull down and off. There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor. This is your drain cap. Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch. If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, replace your drain pump. The pump is usually about $100 or so. Below is a link to the drain pump for your model.

CLICK HERE for drain pump

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
thank you Tyler I thought that was the problem .I already cleaned that and still get the noise