Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My neptune front load washer will not spin water from

Customer Question
My neptune front load...

My neptune front load washer will not spin water from clothes. Why?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Mah5500bww?????

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

17 yrs?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is this problem fixable?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/23/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the tub still goes back and forth durning the the wash cycle cycle but it won't spin even though it drains, it means the unit thinks that the load is unbalanced. This unit has 3 out of balance sensors mounted to the outside of the tub. On near the front on the bottom, one near the middle on the right side and one on the top. You will need to locate these switches (follow the blue wires) and pull on the wires to see if the wires are all secure. If they check good, replace the top out of balance switch as this is the most common one to go bad because it's a ball bearing sensor and the switch can wear out easily. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for top out of balance switch

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.