Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My 4 year old Kitchen Aid dishwater doesn't want to start…

My 4 year old Kitchen...
My 4 year old Kitchen Aid dishwater doesn't want to start after I've entered my "Normal Wash" and "Heat Dry" buttons, pushed "Start/Resume" and closed the door. The blue lights
only stay on about 10 seconds and then turn off (except for the Drain light). I have the rinse fluid compartment filled. Any idea what's wrong, and whether I need a repairman to
come? Thanks!--John Walkup, Danville, CA
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the dishwasher door the model /serial tag in on the inner face frame of the tank.

Serial # on frame of door: BYY112301

I need the MODEL number please!

I found the numbers: Model: KUDE20FBSS1; Serial: F35003404

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

And if you press cancel /drain and close the door will the unit run the drain mode for the 2 minutes ? or does it not start in that mode also ?

If I push "Cancel/Drain" with other lights off, nothing happens. If I turn off the cancel/drain light and push my regular wash cycle buttons and Start/Resume, the blue lights (4 of them) come on for about 30 seconds and then all but one of them turn off (only "Cancel/Drain" remains on then).

ok so if you press start and it does not start and you press cancel drain and close the door it does not start .

I have to suspect that you have a door switch issue .where the electronic control board is not recognizing the door is in fact closed .

let me look up a part info for you .

I recommend you replace the door latch and switch assembly .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

This parts link also have a video showing you how to replace the part.

Thank you if you have any questions just reply back to me .

Thanks for your help. I'll order the part and see if I can install it with the videos.

No problem !

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech