Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The lid lock is not working and the cycle lights are not…

Customer Question
The lid lock is...

The lid lock is not working and the cycle lights are not coming on

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

No but i have unpluged it i was doing a load when it happened

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yup

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No thank you ill leave it unpluged when im out

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

The model number is ***** the lid at the rear of the opening on top loaders .If you open the washer lid ,
the model /serial tag is at the rear of the opening on the washer itself.

mod #mvwx655dw1
ser #c7044984b

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

ok if when you power the unit on ans select a cycle and press start the unit does not lock the lid and does not start do you get the lid lock light to blink?

it turns on when we change to a differant cycle with out turning the power button on and no lights come on

ok you say it turns on with out you pressing the power button , did you have lights on in the control panel before you changed a selection ?

no
it turns on with out the power button
we just got this machine a year ago

ok good information.

You have a issue with the electronic control board .

and it will need to be replaced .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

Thank you if you have any questions just reply back to me .

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Please remember to rate me .