Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have found that the fuse for my microwave is broke. It is…

I have found that...

I have found that the fuse for my microwave is broke. It is a 125V20A fuse. Can I use a vehicle 20A fuse to replace it

?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's a Panasonic "Inverter" about 7-8 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It's already apart.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It stopped suddenly in middle of sensor reheat stage.

3/23/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Yes, you can use a vehicle 20 amp fuse to replace the microwave fuse, but those are fast blow fuses. The microwave fuse is a slow blow fuse so if you need one of those, you can pick one up at a local Radio Shack or order a microwave fuse on-line if you'd like

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Thank you

Just understand that a fast fuse might fail randomly even when nothing is wrong if you decide to go that route.