Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Maytag microwave will not work. Bought 1 1/2 year s ago,

My Maytag microwave will...

My Maytag microwave will not work

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Bought 1 1/2 year s ago, I have registered it to the Maytag site

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If you can help me fix it perhaps we will not need someone to come and fix

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If I want to use the microwave and punch in 1 min it tells me to open and close doors

3/23/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You'll want to call warranty to see if they will help you with repairing this issue. It's a well known problem and Whirlpool (they own Maytag) will help with the repair on occasion. There are 3 door switches for safety reasons and the middle door switch with 3 terminals on it is failing which is why the fuse failed. This door switch wasn't durable from the factory so the switch has been re-designed to handle more electricity. The switch will need to be replaced to resolve the issue. The part is typically only $5 so it's not an expensive part, and below is a link to a video on how to replace it.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

When I use microwave to heat something up, it’s says to open and close door ?..

CLICK HERE for video

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Phone call session started
Can you call me(###) ###-####

ok

Why did hang up on me! Not to professional! $40.00 u.s. for a ten minute call. I will be calling my credit card company to ban that charge