Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The ice maker on my Kenmore refregator. Model 106.5113. What…

The ice maker on...

The ice maker on my Kenmore refregator

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model(###) ###-####

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What happened is that it was working fine, the ice maker is what I am asking about, then last Sunday I empty

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I empty the ice bin complet

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the fresh food section door and the FULL 10 digit model number is ***** the interior wall near the top.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
HR34706040

I need the model number not the serial number .

And the model number is ***** digits long and will look like 123 .(###) ###-####/p>

once you give me the full model number I will than call you !

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
106.51134210
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
My Ice maker stoped working after I emptied the storage bin I also installed a new water filter

ok calling you

Master Tech
Phone call session started

Ok lets use this ORIGINAL question !

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
How to get my ice maker to produce ice?

ok so if you open the freezer door do you see any blinking lights on the ice level sensor?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No

ok and the ice container is in place on the door?

ok and you do have the icemaker control turned ON correct?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Any more suggestions?

I`m still waiting on you to tell me if the icemaker control is turned on when I asked at 11;27 am ?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I answered yes, sorry I thought you received it.

I got (YES ) for the ice container on place but no answer for it the ice maker control is turned on .

So if you do not get any lights on the freezer door , that makes me think you have either no voltage to the ice level controls or the are faulty .

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I have lights on the freezer door, do you mean the display window?
Could something be programmed
wrong ? Where is the ice maker sensor located?

No inside the freezer on the door on the hinge side you have the on /off switch and it should have a red light on it that blinks and if you hold the flapper on the left side the light should go solid .

And no it is not a programming issue.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I have no such light or switch do you have the right model 106.51134210?

yes correct model number !

And here is the manufactures parts break down for the freezer door .

https://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/K1404006-00008.png

#17 is where the light will be and #19 is the flapper on the left hand side.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
We have two flappers on inside of frezzer the bottom flapper shuts the light off/on in the frezzer the top flapper does nothing when we push it in.

can you send me a photo of these TWo flappers on the door?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
What is your email?

just send the attachment to this chat just like you would any other E-Mail

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Send to what chat not computer
Smart
Master Tech
Master Tech