Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Refrigerator damper keeps making noise (on-off-on-off) Jenn…

Refrigerator damper keeps making...

Refrigerator damper keeps making noise (on-off-on-off)

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Jenn Air JFC2290REP00

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How difficult to trouble shoot the problem?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

ok

The damper opening and closing means that it can't find the open or closed position for some reason. There are switches on the damper and it's not sending a signal to the board the it's in the open or closed position so it just keeps cycling. Either way, the damper control just needs to be replaced so below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for control

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
thank you :-)