Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

KitchenAid under counter ice maker making ice sporadically.

Customer Question
KitchenAid under counter ice...

KitchenAid under counter ice maker making ice sporadically. Power light blinking.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

4 years old. MOD KUIC15Nhzs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/23/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Does this unit plug into an auxiliary drain pump?

And have you tested the plug /outlet for constant voltage to the unit since the power light is blinking?

it does plug to auxiliary pump. No haven’t checked.
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago

Ok let`s unplug the ice maker from the auxiliary drain pump and plug the ice maker directly into the wall outlet and then watch it and let me know is the power light still blinking?

And does the unit seem to be making ice consistently then !

Thank you. My husband in a planned surgery. I’m going to get back with you in a couple days when I can look at this.

no problem !

Always glad to assist you anytime.