Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Power is own but just hums. Used the wrenchette and it turns…

Power is own but...

Power is own but just hums. Used the wrenchette and it turns freely. pushed the reset button several times--there is no resistance.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Kitchen aid KCDC150K3 120 volts, HP5/8 1PH

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No--if it is tough to fix I'll have to call a technician--looking for a quick fix that's obvious!

3/23/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

ok if the disposal turns freely with the wrenchette and just hums that tells me you have a bad motor with in the disposal .

Which means it will need to be replaced .

Do you have any other questions for me today?

Master Tech