Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a Maytag side by side Refrig/Frizer. Vegs are are

Customer Question
Have a Maytag side...

Have a Maytag side by side Refrig/Frizer

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Vegs are are coming out frozen is there a sensor that can go bad

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No just want to have a guess at what i'm looking at

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can get you the model if you need guess age about 10 to 15

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

MFI2568AEW Ser.#11482657LG

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, Just Answer has stated that your request has failed due Credit card issues. BUT I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here on our CHAT as we are now to assist you on your question.

And the vegs that are freezing I`m assuming they are in the crispers correct?

ok so it is not in the (Fresh and Wide drawer ) only the crisper drawer that the vegetables are freezing .

And do you have any issues with anything else on the fresh food section getting too cold

no

ok so the vegetable crisper drawers have no temperature control on them only humidity control .

If you have no other issue in the fresh food section with temperature.

Since cold air falls and hot air rises .

Replacing the temperature sensor /thermistor would not help , I would recommend just adjusting the fresh food temperature control up say 1-2 degrees so the colder air in the bottom of the fresh food section is just a few degrees warmer.

I can give you a link to the fresh food thermistor but I do not think that will help you any since the rest of the fresh food section is fine .

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.