Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool washer - about 5 years old- when it goes…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool washer - about 5 years old- when it goes through the cycle when starting there is a button that locks the lid- Now, when it starts, the lid does not stay locked (the light blinks), To fix it, I unplug the washer, start it again and the lid stays locked and it processes ok

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 5 yrs old- I don't know the model - i'm at work

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not necessarily- i can call a repair man

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/23/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 5 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

ok from what your saying if you unplug the unit and plug it back in the lid will stay locked .

I suspect the issue is with in the electronic control board .

when your unplugging the unit and plugging it back in your rebooting the electronic control board .

If you get me the model number I can than give you a link to the part and find you an video on installing the part .