Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dishwasher no longer dispenses the rinse aid. Model

my dishwasher no longer dispenses the rinse aid.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: model WDF750SAYB3. Have not run test cycle
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Hopefully
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The cap for the rinse aid fell into the bottom and melted. Ordered a new one and it has not worked properly since.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
waiting for reply

The cap shouldn't have anything to do with the unit not dispensing rinse agent unless water got inside and it's dispensing water over the next dozen cycles or so before it gets to the rinse agent again. Either way, if you've ran a few dozen cycles and it's not dispensing rinse agent, the dispenser would need to be replaced. The dispenser is designed to actuator a motor which opens the lid first. Then later in the cycle it actuates that same motor but if the lid is open it releases rinse agent instead. The fact that the dispenser lid still dispenses soap means the motor works which means something with the mechanical side isn't allowing rinse agent to come out. Either way, you'd have to take the door apart and unscrew the dispenser from the inside of the door to replace it. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for dispenser

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.