Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a KUDS01FL and all I can get it to do is flash

Customer Question
I have a KUDS01FL...

I have a KUDS01FL and all I can get it to do is flash "clean" no matter what I do. Open and close no change, cancell just stays on????

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Last couple days, it work intermitently now it won't start the cycle

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

No, if you think that might work will give it a try

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I did trip breaker and reset but didn't give it any time and that did not work

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/23/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The clean light flashing is actually an error code. The exact definition of this error means that your dishwasher is failing to heat the water in an allotted time. The error can be caused by numerous issues but the first thing you want to do is reset the control board.

-To reset the control board press: high temp wash, heated dry, High temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash

**NOTE** if you don't have a "heated dry" button, use the "air dry" or "energy saver dry" button instead (your model is a partial number so I can't see the exact buttons you have on your series).

-When done correctly, all the lights will go solid at which point you press cancel to reset the board.
-If the control board doesn't reset, it's likely that you've just got a faulty control board and the control board will need to be ordered and replaced.

Now if the error comes back on the next cycle, then you'll want to reset the board again and check several things. The most common reasons for this error is because the water coming from your household is just too cold. The dishwasher is expecting 110 degree water to enter your dishwasher, so if your pipes are cold, the water may only come in luke warm. To correct this issue, just run your faucet next to the dishwasher until the water coming out is hot. On another note, make sure the dishwasher is washing with good water pressure. You can put a cup in the upper rack facing upwards and run a cycle to see if it will fill within 10 minutes of starting the cycle. If it doesn't fill with water then you know that the dishwasher isn't producing enough pressure which, in turn, will cause the water to not heat. You'd want to take your pump and motor assembly apart to clean inside if you had a loss of pressure.

The second most common issue is that the door striker at the top of the door way start to bend "up" and won't contact the latch inside the door quite correctly. Just physically bend the latch striker down so that when you shut the door it barely slides over the top of the inner door liner and that will fix that problem if that is your issue.

If you continue to have problems, you could also have a failed component including a faulty heater, control board, or high limit thermostat. You'd need to uninstall your dishwasher, disconnect power and lay it on it's back to check the resistance of the heater as well as the resistance of the high limit thermostat to confirm if they were bad or good. You should get tangible reading of between 5 and 30 ohms on the heater if it's good and less than one ohm on the high limit thermostat. If both of those devices check good, then replace the control board because that's the one device you cannot test.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.