Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I turn off the refrigerator for cleaning? It is a…

Customer Question
How do I turn...

How do I turn off the refrigerator for cleaning?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

It is a little more than one year old THe model is RS22HDHPNBC

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES, WE'RE JUST CLEANING IT OUT

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

NOT FOR NOW

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/23/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

ive me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

to turn the unit off during cleaning .

Cooling Off mode (also called Shop mode), is designed for use by retailers when they are displaying refrigerators on the shop floor. In Cooling Off mode, the refrigerator’s fan motor and lights work normally, but the compressors do not run, and the refrigerator and freezer do not get cold. To start Cooling Off mode, touch and hold the Power Freeze button and the Freezer button for 5 seconds during normal operation. The refrigerator chime sounds and OFF appears on the display. To cancel Cooling Off mode, touch and hold the Power Freeze and Freezer buttons again for 5 seconds, until the chime sounds. Important: If you see the OFF code on your refrigerator’s display, your refrigerator is in Cooling Off mode. Follow the directions above to cancel.

Do you have any other questions for me today?