Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a WRX988SIBM 4-door refrigerator (ALMOST 2 years

I have a WRX988SIBM...

I have a WRX988SIBM 4-door refrigerator (ALMOST 2 years old). the middle drawer (lunch meat and drinks) wasn't closing all the way. I removed the tray and find an ice buildup on the back wall. I suspect that's why it won't totally close. So - how do I thaw that?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

I'll repeat that: Whirlpool WRX988SIBM 4-door refrigerator ALMOST 2 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible, yes . . .

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have the tray out so there' nothing in the way of the ice, frost, whatever you want to call it . . . If I leave the drawer open will it slowly melt?

3/23/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

H​ello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Have you tried using a blow dryer to melt the ice?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, but will... I sprayed hot water on it and it's slowly melting. I'll definitely use the blow dryer. Any idea why this happened??? Do you think that's why the drawer wasn't closing completely??

More then likely yes that is why the drawer wasn't closing properly. It can happen if you have a leak of water. Of course this can be verified if it happens again but not until then.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman