Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a may tag model MAH5500BWW and it makes a winning…

Customer Question
I have a may...

I have a may tag model MAH5500BWW and it makes a winning sound on final spin cycle. tonight it smells like something is burning any idea of what may be worn?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Maytag neptune

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/23/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 4 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. This could be a warn belt or something along those lines. Have you tried taking the back off of the washer to inspect whats going on in there?

no
I thought a bearing and maybe a belt. want to know what part i will need

wel​l we will need to open the back to inspect in order to figure this out first.

ok thanks for that have a good night

I ​happen to have your service job aides manual which can go along way with helping with this issue if your interested? I sent over the offer to your email if you would like it.

i can figure it out if i take it apart was hopping before i took it apart i could have the parts but i guess i was thinking this would be an easy way to get the parts i need. this was not helpful in that way. I tried it and found the best way is do it yourself. thank you

Well the service manual actually has parts and part break out along with part numbers and what your looking at and how to change it out all in one manual.

I just don't want to suggest its a bearing if its not or the belt if its not the belt. This could be any number of things but in order to suggest that we would need to open it up sadly. If your not interested in my help I can have this cancelled but if you are I would suggest getting the service job aides manual because its going to step by step walk you through everything you will need to do.

we can cancel this

ok