Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Samsung gas dryer that seems to be stuck in a

Customer Question
Good evening, I have...

Good evening, I have a Samsung gas dryer that seems to be stuck in a cycle. I cannot adjust anything on the digital display. It is currently showing an hour glass symbol . I cannot get the dryer to operate

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Less than three years old I would guess. What is the Samsung moisture sensor dryer model number DV42H 5000 GW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can, I'm hoping it's something simple that I can do

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Dial will not turn, I am on able to make any adjustments on the control panel. There was an hourglass symbol illuminated as well as a Nother symbol that looks like a Paul what are you call the thing that looks like a lot like with a smiley face in a basket.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 month ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

First try to unplug the unit or shut the breaker off to the unit for 2 full minutes to reset all the controls on it. See if that changes the condition and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, that did not work
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What is my next step
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am ready to try the next step

Okay great then one of two things has happened. Either the belt is broken on the unit or the thermal fuse that is mounted to the blower housing is burned out. You should remove the top to find out if the belt is broken on the drum. There are a couple screws on the back edge remove them and slide the top back and straight off then you will see the drum, look in the middle of the drum for the belt it should be there and attached tight. if that is attached type then you'll have to disassemble the unit to check the blower thermal fuse out. Either way you will have to take the unit apart to either put a belt on it or check that thermal fuse out. I've included a couple links to help you out to do this repair.

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician