Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Bosch Model# SHX46A05UC /14 FD8407 01417

I have a Bosch...

I have a Bosch Model# SHX46A05UC /14 FD8407 01417 Dishwasher. The water started to accumulate at the bottom of the unit and didn't drain. Had to be bailed out manually. When I push start and normal run and close the door the unit makes a noise but no water comes on. Do I have a bad drain line sensor or something. I have not removed the water line yet but did check the filter/strainer at the bottom of the unit and it was not clogged. Did not have the proper hex wrench etc to remove the filter housing at the bottom. Suggestions???

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

10 or more years old, original equipment in house we bought but looked pretty new at the time. Model # SHX46A05UC /14

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if it a simple fix. The kitchen has hardwood floors which boxes in the unit and will make it a pain in the butt to remove. Do you recommend a Local repair service here in Pittsburgh PA??

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

About it. Unit makes a noise but does not run and does not drain

3/22/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Bosch dishwashers are not easy to work on for drain issues unfortunately.

First, I'm going to assume you didn't change your garbage disposal recently--so if you did please speak up. You'll need to open the door and remove the center cylinder filter as well as the silver stainless mesh filter plate. This will allow you get gain access to the plastic sump (or pump cavity) below the filters. There is a little plastic dome held down by 1 screws on down inside the left side of the sump. Remove the screw (it's a size 15 torx bit screwdriver) and check for any blockages to the drain pump impeller that is now exposed. Put the cap back on and run another cycle to see if it works. If not, you'll need to uninstall the unit, disconnect the drain hose and blow through it to see if it's clear. If it's clear---replace the drain pump. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the sump apart to check the drain impeller.

CLICK HERE for video

If you need a servicer, in your area you would want to call the authorized servicer below.

Appliance Service Center, Inc.
Phone(###) ###-####/p>

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc