Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My front load washer won’t start. The lights come on but…

My front load washer...

My front load washer won’t start. The lights come on but won’t start.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It’s a Kenmore model num 110.45862400

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it’s cheaper

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When I opened it today a small piece fell into the drum part. I thought maybe it was from the lock part. I had my son replace the part on the door but not the part attached to the machine. Still not working.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To be clear, you can turn the control panel on, select different cycles and options but the washer just won't start when you press start? If so, then the door latch assembly behind the front panel of the washer doesn't think the door is closed. If the plastic striker on the door isn't broken, the latch behind the front panel needs to be replaced because it's not sensing properly.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
all the lights come on and I can change the settings and water temp but when I push the start button it won’t start

OK then the latch just needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for door latch

It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly.

That is the switch for the door latch, so yes replace the door latch as I've stated 2 times now and you'll be good to go.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you. He tried to buy that part as well but it wasn’t in stock

The link I gave to you says it's in stock. You should just need to order it from my link. Here is the link again.

CLICK HERE for latch

Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you, I’ll do that

No problem.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc