Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My wine fridge is showing an E1 code and it is beeping. This…

Customer Question
My wine fridge is...

My wine fridge is showing an E1 code and it is beeping. This happens frequently. I can't find anything in the manual as to what it means or how to resolve it. Could you please tell me what it means and what I should do? Thank you.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

It is about 5 years old and the model is CWB8420DZ

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'm hoping it just requires a push of a button or something. It's happened before and if I turn it off it usually helps, but I'm sick of it happening and it didn't help this time.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I just want to know why it is happening and how to fix it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/22/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The E1 error means there is a problem with the sensor circuit. Oftentimes, it is connection related. Are you able to perform some disassembly and do you have a meter to perform some electrical testing?

No I don't have a meter nor do I want to disassemble. It has been doing this for years. Could it have been a problem from when it was installed? And why does it help sometimes when I turn it off and then back on?
I really don't want to pay for an answer if I am not able to disassemble. Is this something I should call an appliance repairman for?
I guess I won't get help if I don't pay.
Appliance Technician: McgiverSR, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
McgiverSR
McgiverSR, Customer Service
The upper zone sensor or yellow wiring or plug has failed