Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My microwave light went out .... how to I go about replacing…

Customer Question
My microwave light went...

My microwave light went out .... how to I go about replacing a bulb and what type of bulb is it. The model is ADORA DVM1850SMISS

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I just gave that information

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/22/2018
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your GE microwave light. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

Here are your instructions:

- Turn off the power

- Remove the screw at the left edge of the light cover

- Either gently turn or pull straight out - the bulb

- Replace with this bulb: HERE

- PLEASE use the stars at the top or bottom of your screen my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.