Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Leaking duet from the bottom...might be the door boot.

Customer Question
Leaking duet from the...

Leaking duet from the bottom...might be the door boot

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Couple of days but used washer new to us

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool duet 10 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not leaking from from back...trickle of water

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/22/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the washer door the model /serial tag is on the inner face frame.

MOD wfw70hebw0 serial C34151845
appears to leak from bottom late in the cycle-not water from the connections in the back...small pool of water on floor below bottom.

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

if you open the washer door and pull the lip of the door boot away can look on the boot do you see any holes where it could be leaking from?

and it could be leaking from the pump under the tub .

Do you think you could remove the top panel and the front panel to be able to gain access to the drain pump and hoses if the door boot looks good ?

Boot looks good, spring at bottom is tight. Taking off top now...for bottom panel do you put the washer up on blocks?

no you may have to lean it back to remove the two very bottom panel screws . or if you want to tilt it back and place a short 2x4 under the front legs you can do that too.

and then right under the drum on the base of the washer is the drain pump and it has hoses on it and the pump also has a filter coin /button catch it could be that is loose and leaking also .

Nothing obvious from the top...will tilt and open the bottom later-

ok Great let me know if you need any parts information I can provide that for you .

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Ok got it.

Thank you and if you have any questions just let me know .