Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dryer won't run., heard a click when I accidentally

My dryer won't run ...

My dryer won't run

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

, heard a click when I accidentally pushed the cancel and start button at the same time

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model # M970-85092-00 Kenmore dryer.

3/22/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

no I don’t know how to use it

ok does the dryer show any signs of life ?

And control panel lights or if you open the dryer door does the interior light go on if it has an interior light of course?

all lights work we have tried the reset programming found in the envelope of institutions but no luck

ok let`s unplug the dryer for 5 minutes then plug it back in this will hopefully REBOOT the electronic control board , then plug it in and see if it works or does the same thing .

Let me know what happens please.

Lights come on push start it beeps but nothing else
I can and feel a click on the dryer door when I push start
I’m thinking that it is something that’s not making contact

ok this click if you open the dryer door can you hear what sounds like a motor stopping ?

No. No sound

ok so this click if you open the dryer door and hold the door switch in and try to start the dryer do you still feel this click ?

Can’t feel but still hear it

ok do you think the click is the door switch or does it feel as if it is from elsewhere in the dryer?

I think it’s the door switch, it seem to be where the door clip goes into the slot at the top of the dryer

ok well the door switch could possibly click when you close the door , but it should not make any click after it is already closed and your pressing the start button .

Ok then it must be something close to or behind that area ,( the dial to set program) that is making the click because it does click

ok now that is possible the electronic control board right above it ha a motor relay on it that when you press the start button would entergize to start the motor .

And with that being said if the motor relay is being energized but the dryer is not running /tumbling that would mean the drive motor is faulty .

How old is this dryer?

Says 04/05 on door jamb

ok so more or less 13 years old .

And with you being in Canada I can not give you a part number due to I can not pull up Canadian models but I estimate for a new drive motor your looking around $150.00 U.S. for a new drive motor

Ok thanks. Bye

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech