Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Maytag washer (MTW6600BTO) is leaking out of the bottom -

My Maytag washer (MTW6600BTO)...

My Maytag washer (MTW6600BTO) is leaking out of the bottom - all drain hoses and pumps etc are dry. the water is comong out of the Motor rotor - Could the Rubber Washer on the Agitator Bolt be the problem?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model # MTW6600BTO - I'm unsure of the age, but not ancient...

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can - i have it apart now - the washer looks slightly worn, but doesn't seem terrible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so...

3/22/2018
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

No unfortunately its not the rubber washer on the agitator bolt, that means the tub seal is shot and will have to be replaced along with the bearing, it comes in a kit and takes a special tool to replace. Below is the kit, tool and instructions if you want to do it yourself:

Washer Tub Bearing

Part #: W10435302 - click here for part info at sears

The bearing tool can be rented from the link below:

click here for link for tool

click here for video showing how to change the seal and bearing

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.

Joel Swenson
Thank you Joel, I've been busy with other tasks. I did read your response and am thinking i'll have a go at it tomorrow morning - wish me luck?

Thank you for the rating and GOOD LUCK~.... It's not that bad just follow the video and make sure to have that bearing tool and parts on hand and you will be fine, if you have issues without the tub coming out let me know, sometimes you need a car jack and piece of 2X4 for that but in many cases, so just let me know if you need anything and I will be glad to help.

Thanks Joel,
I've ordered the parts and tool for replacing the bearing - i'll be in touch if i need more help - Jon

Sounds good, thanks.