Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to use the self cleaning feature. I have

I am trying to...

I am trying to use the self cleaning feature. I have followed all of the steps in the manual, but when I try to lock the door, there is a sound and the door will not lock I have used this many times, but can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just today.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am a senior.

3/22/2018
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your oven. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

Please give me the model number so that I can better assist.

S125

Ok, what brand is this?

Jenn-AIR
Jenn-aire

Ok the model number is ***** much longer than that and visible by removing the bottom front panel - but let me see if I can find some information.

I'll need to get the full model number from you. The S125 is not coming up as valid.

That is the model number
I have had this stove for 32 years.

Ok, I found it under a Maytag diagram. It must have some age on it. One moment.

Ok, your lock mechanism is trying to lock the door but can't because it has failed. It is either because the switched on it have gone bad or because the motor is bad. Unfortunately, Jenn Air no longer makes it because it is so old. The only thing I would be able to suggest is to have it removed and see if it can be repaired. It requires removal and disassembly of the oven to get to the lock mechanism. Wish it was better news.

- PLEASE use the stars at the top or bottom of your screen my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.

Engineer-Tech
Thank you.

You're welcome.