Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Changed element on my Whirpool dryer it was heating fine for…

Changed element on my...

Changed element on my Whirpool dryer it was heating fine for a few cycles now not heating again

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can, we live in rural Wyoming and there are no local techs

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model?

3/22/2018
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

A dryer not heating can be a lot of things, it could be the heating element (unlikely since you just replaced it), operating thermostat, safety thermostat, thermal fuse, main control, wiring issue, improper voltage, etc; You will need an ohm meter, know how to use it and be comfortable working with live circuits in order to figure out what is going on, if you can do these things let me know, give me the model number of the dryer and I will give you the troubleshooting information you need to figure it out, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Joel Swenson
The model is a WED9200SQ0. I found that it was the safety fuse that had blown, replaced it and it blew again. I have checked the vent and there is nothing in it that might restrict the air flow. I have a meter but more comfortable not working with the power on
Phone call session started